It’s Hoppy Easter Time and we are having fun with Peeps this week. We created a fresh, new bag topper design that includes Easter colors along with a touch of gold glitter. We also wanted to show how to display Easter Peeps in a gold urn to show a more sophisticated style for your kid friendly Easter tables.
The Hoppy Peeps Bag topper collection has two bag sizes and also includes a gold glitter patterned paper – perfect for mini chocolate bar wraps (for your Easter S’mores Kits), or any other Easter embellishments.
Instructions for Printable Bag Toppers:
1. Print on 8.5×11 cardstock or photo paper
2. Trim along edges. Fold in half.
3. Match up width to your bag width and cut off excess paper on the sides. -
4. Fill your bag and then staple or tape your bag topper over the cellophane bag.
Note: We made some bags with just peeps and some bags with S’mores ingredients and wrapped the mini chocolate bars in gold patterned paper.
How to create your Easter Peeps Topiary:
1. Spray paint an inexpensive urn gold and allow dry time (you can find them in the floral section of Walmart). Fill with floral foam and top with dried moss.
2. Separate the peeps and insert lollipop sticks along each bottom. *Note: I roll each broken edge of each peep in the edible glitter that is left in the bottom of the peeps package – it makes the edges not so white from the broken/exposed marshmallow
3. Place each peep in the urn at various heights. You could even hide jelly beans or egg foil chocolate candies in the “grass” for a more festive feel.
We just love the gold accents - its hippity, hoppity Easter Fun!
You can find all of our Printable Easter Collections in the shop. Most are instant downloads so you still have time to put together the perfect Easter event!
We have been introducing new Printable S’mores bag toppers for holidays all year long. We love them and we hope you do, too! (Remember our Valentine’s Day S’mores, and our Easter Peeps S’mores… oh, and our Nautical 4th of July S’mores….) Well, we hope you are ready for S’more!
For Day 4 of our Halloween Party Ideas Series, we introduce our Classic Halloween Smores Bag topper (printable!). This set comes with both large bag toppers and smaller bag toppers, so you can choose your size!
Check them out in the shop here.
Be sure to stay tuned for more days of Halloween ideas!
Did you guys happen to catch Brynne’s 11th Insta-Party featured on Hostess with the Mostess yesterday? If not, click here to see the party writeup and details! Brynne and I had so much fun prepping for her party and she actually did a lot of work to help me pull it off in 2 days. (I was supposed to have a week to prep, and Brynne changed the date on me last minute)!! Brynne went with me to do prop shopping and look for party favors, she helped cut out printables as they came off the printer, and did a lot of work in the kitchen helping make treats for the party.
Since I’m not much of a baker, I looked for simple no-bake desserts for this party. I found the cutest fondant insta-graham cracker idea on-line, and decided to create a s’mores kit out of it. I created one fondant sample, and then let Brynne go to town on them. She made all the rest… I’m not even kidding. I made sure to make enough of each fondant color for her so she could complete the fondant toppers without me. (I had to work on other party details while she made these adorable Insta-graham crackers).
Insta-graham Crackers S’mores Kit Supplies:
Insta-party bag topper printable
Fondant – in various colors (I matched the printable designs)
Small chocolate bars
Clear cellophane bags
1. – 4. To create the base of the camera face, cut out a square out of two colors of fondant. The first color will need to be trimmed to 1/3 of the square, and the second color will be trimmed to 2/3 of the square. We used a 2″ square cookie cutter (found at Micheals or Hobby Lobby). Last, use a dab of water to stick the two colors together.
5. Create 4 more fondant colors for stripes. We made each stripe 1/8″ wide, and trimmed to the 1/3″ length of the square and placed on top of the base. Use a dab of water to stick in place.
6. – 8. Cut out two different shades of fondant for the lenses… 1′ circles and 3/4″ circles. Then cut out the camera window using a 1/2″ square, placing a tiny dot on top of square. (Again, use a dab of water to stick in place)
9. – 11. Once all the camera faces are made, place on top of graham crackers with some melting chocolate.
12. Once dry, place Insta-graham cracker, marshmallows and chocolate bar in cellophane bag and add printable bag topper. *For additional detail, wrap chocolate bar in printable patterned paper found in the Insta Party Printable Collection.
If my 11 year old can make these fondant cameras, you can too! Her friends loved this favor treat and were even more impressed when they found out that Brynne made them! Brynne was so proud of her party, because she really spent time and effort in helping me make it extra special. (and I appreciated the help and bonding time with her)
We are offereing the printable cake topper set separate, if you want to create an Insta-cake! Just add printable cake toppers, gumballs and ribbon.
Don’t forget to check out the full party feature on Hostess with the Mostess!
It is so hard to believe that 4th of July is literally right around the corner! Seriously!? Does that really mean that the year is already halfway over? 2013 has been a bit crazy in MANY ways….
I look forward to celebrating the 4th of July and relaxing with friends and family. We should all celebrate being American and I think we should CHEERS to a great rest of the year with something sweet. S’mores, anyone?
Last year we styled a Nautical 4th of July party and it was a hit on Pinterest and around the web. Nautical is definitely “in” and so this theme is so perfect for 4th of July with it’s traditional red, white and blue and “All American” vibe. We decided to design a Nautical 4th of July printable S’mores Bag Topper for this year! After all, what kind of party would it be without S’MORES for crying out loud!
These Printable Nautical 4th of July S’mores Bag Toppers are SUPER simple and easy to use. All you need is a bag of Star Marshmallows (We bought the Jet Puffed brand at Walmart), some mini Hershey’s bars, some graham crackers, and cellophane bags. Print off the bag toppers (The listing in our shop includes two sizes, so you can choose your size), fold in half, fill the bags and tape shut.
Prepare them a few days before or the day of… it is so simple. These would be GREAT to bring to a 4th of July Party and your guests are sure to oooh and ahh over the cute packaging!
Find our Nautical 4th of July Invitation, Printable Collection and NEW S’mores Bag Toppers here in the shop.
PS. Our nautical 4th of july party invitation and nautical 4th of July party printable collection are so fresh and fun for celebrating with style. Have you seen World Market‘s adorable nautical decor lately? Its fabulous and these printables with be the perfect way to decorate for 4th of July in a Nautical way!
S’mores are so yummy and such a popular favor and treat, so we had to come up with an Easter themed S’mores set!
“Want S’more? I won’t say a Peep!”…. New Printable Bag toppers perfect for packaging Easter themed S’mores. We had so many nice comments on our Valentine’s Day S’mores bag toppers that we decided to come out with a printable S’mores Bag Topper set for Easter!
We include two sized bag toppers in the printable set. The smaller sized topper goes on a 4″ wide cello bag and fits an adorable Peep Chick, fun sized chocolate bar as well as graham crackers and a chocolate egg. The larger printable bag topper fits 5.5″ sized bags. We fit inside a bunny peep, a fun sized chocolate bar and two chocolate eggs.
Find the printable Easter Peeps S’mores Bag toppers in the shop here.
Who doesn’t LOVE Smores? We have shown a few fun ways to do s’mores kits (Remember Emily Maynard’s daughter’s party we styled? Glamping S’mores) and we were excited to show a version for Valentine’s Day!
These are so simple and easy and the perfect little treat for Valentine’s Day parties or classroom valentines!
- Heart Marshmallows and Graham Crackers
We got the adorable heart marshmallows at the Dollar Tree!
- Chocolate Bars
(We got the fun sized bars $1 for a pack of 6 at Dollar Tree)
- Cellophane or Ziploc Bags
- Printable Bag Topper (Available to purchase and for instant download in out shop here.)
- Print your bag toppers and trim. Fold in half
- Fill your bags with the graham crackers, chocolate and heart marshmallows
- Fold the bag down and adhere shut with tape.
- Place the folding bag topper over the top of the bag and adhere shut with either a stapler or tape.
- The kids could sign their name on the backside if you wish!
You could even put a few cute mini chocolate bars with our printable chocolate bar wrappers on them inside the kit!
So, do you like this idea for your own Valentines (or your kids’ valentines!)?