Ruff Draft: The Perfect Back to School Teacher Gift
1. Teacher Label Paper – (download your 2 FREE Label Papers at the bottom of this post) or use your own
3. Scissors/paper trimmer
3. A Pack of Pencils
4. Double-Sided Tape
5. Recycled Tomatoes/Beans Cans (or larger size cans)
We LOVE to recycle – pull out your old tomato or bean cans for this fun project!
1. First, peel labels off of recycled Tomato or Bean size cans. (You go up in size, but I wouldn’t go any smaller)
2. Wash & dry cans
3. Measure can – I like to measure inside the “lips”, where the old labels were.
4. Print your Can Label page from free printable (we made it a full 8.5 x 11″, so you can trim to any can size, also we print on photopaper so it has a nice professional look)
5. Measure your Can Label, and trim off excess.
6. Next use your double-sided tape and put it on various spots along metal can.
7. Adhere your Can Label paper.
8. Use double-sided tape along outer edge of Can Label paper
9. Seal shut
1. Print and cut the TEACHER labels, from your free printable (don’t worry how close you are on cutting along the lines… these are so tiny, that once they are stuck on, you really can’t see the lines) – we use 8.5 x 11 label paper (it is a full sticker paper, found at our favorite onlinelabels.com or your local office store).
2. Peel Label backing and wrap around metal part of pencil (this is the most time-consuming part – have your kids do it)
3. Tie ribbon around pencils
4. Add shred, and you are finished!
Extra Credit: If you really want to please your child’s Teacher, sharpen the pencils as well or give them a sheet of “TEACHER” labels so they can stick on any other items in the classroom!
You can also use these “PLEASE RETURN ME” cans for: dry erase markers, rulers, erasers…. anything you think your teacher would lend out to students.
If you LOVE these colors and graphics, check out our matching SCHOOL DAY Printable Design Collection – you get 33 pages of designs ON SALE for only $12 – what a great way to decorate your child’s new school supplies or classroom!
We hope EVERYONE has a FABULOUS first week of school!!!!
*Download Free Printable files here: Teacher Printable Labels
Please share the love and leave us a comment and share this post with your friends!