Ruff Draft: How to Make Tissue Paper Fringe Tassles
I recently made fringe tassle garland for Brynne’s Insta-Party Birthday – it was so easy, inexpensive and actually quicker than I thought it would be. My daughter and her friends loved it, and Brynne even helped me make the tassles! I thought it would be fun to show you how to make these fringe tassles out of tissue paper. You can choose multiple tissue paper colors that are used in your party theme. This adorable fringe garland can be hung along tables, back drops, walls and more!
Paper trimmer or scissors
Ribbon, String or Twine (we get ours from The Twinery)!
1. Gather supplies and trim tissue paper to 12″ (for 5″ tassle length) – size can be adjusted to whatever you are needing!
2. Slice 12″ long strips about 3/8″ wide strips (if making longer tassle you may want wider strips)
3. Slice 10 – 12 strips
4. Gather the 10-12 strips
5. Twist the strips in the middle, making the twisted portion about 1″ in length
6. Fold twisted strips in half so that the twist creates a loop
7. Tape loop shut (I cut off my clear tape from dispenser, then cut in half with scissors so it is about 1/4″ wide, instead of 1/2″ wide)
8.-9. String tassles together with twine, ribbon or string.
Stay tuned for more details from Brynne’s Insta Party 11th Birthday! I will show you more simple DIY projects/desserts soon!
If you didn’t see the Insta-cookies Maureen made for Brynne’s party, click here! They are just too cute for words!!!