Anders Ruff Partners with Better Homes & Gardens!
We are SO thrilled that the time has FINALLY come to reveal one of our most exciting projects. Last December, Adria and I were contacted to Design and Produce a Halloween Story for Better Homes & Gardens for their Halloween Tricks and Treats Magazine (with free printables!). We were BEYOND thrilled. 9 months later we can now finally reveal that the magazine is on stands! (with just some of the photos are online, too!)
We couldn’t be more honored to see our story ran a full 12 pages of party ideas with 6 more pages of “how to’s”! (pinch me!)
We started by dreaming up with the concept of a “Spooky Forest” Halloween Theme – stepping outside the traditional orange and black comfort zone of Halloween. We used tones of greens, black, taupe and greys. Bats, spiders, spooky trees, owls… who wouldn’t love this theme for Halloween!? We loved how everything turned out!
We designed a printable “Spooky Forest” Invitation and complete printable collection that is available for FREE DOWNLOAD on bhg.com!
We traveled to Asheville, NC to style at one of our favorite vacation spots in a loft by Yonder Luxury Mountain Rentals (The Lofts). GORGEOUS setting. Gosh, was it a ton of work to haul up all of our props to set up the entire loft…. but well worth it. I can’t wait for you to see all of the details. Let’s just say I drove a 16 foot Penske Truck followed by Adria to get to the location and bring everything we needed! We had many fabulous vendors involved so check out the list of credits below!
The editor of Better Homes & Gardens came to oversee the photography and their photographers were so great to meet. It was an amazing 4 days and the sweetest part – my son, Pierson, got to be one of our spooky models!
You can check out SOME of the photos online here...
We’d love to hear what you think! Pick up your copy of Better Homes & Gardens Halloween Tricks & Treats on news stands today! We have heard that they are selling out fast! (We got copies at Costco and Walmart). 12 pages of party ideas with 6 more pages of “how to’s”!
– Photo Shoot Location – Luxury Mountain Rental: The Lofts at 16 Church
– Chevron Cake: Got What It Cakes
– Meringue Mushrooms: Kiss Me Kate
– Candies: Candy Warehouse and Hammonds Candies
– Chocolate Covered Oreos: Sweeties by Kim
– Cupcakes and Macarons: Cupcrazed Cakery
– Owl Fondant Toppers and Fondant Mushrooms:Two Sugar Babies
– Sugar Cookies (owls and bats): Sweet Sugar Belle
– Square Marshmallows: Have It Confections
DECOR and MATERIALS:
– Black Lunch Box Trays, Clear Round Treat Containers, Cello Bags, Shred, Gable Boxes and Tissue: Nashville Wraps
– Clear Candy Tubes, Paper Treat Bags, Apothecary Jar, Glass Drink Bottles and Straws: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Custom Pillows: MonMell Designs
– Owl Wall Hanging: Nikki In Stitches
– Custom (Adorable!) Costumes: Made by Morgan
– Canvas Totes (For trick or treat bags): Jiffy Shirts
– Blank White Label Paper Material (we printed the stickers onto): OnlineLabels.com
– Baker’s Twine: The Twinery