Ruff Draft: Easy Layered Jello Recipe
We have had several questions over the last couple of years, asking about how Maureen makes her infamous layered JELLO!
You may have seen it from our I Heart Valentine’s Day Collection, Super P Turns 3 (Pierson’s Super Hero Party), or Pierson’s Retro Bowling Party… just to name a few!!! It is an easy and colorful dessert that makes a bold impact on any table. You can put it in glass or clear plastic cups for individual servings. Add a printable topper and its complete! (And did we mention its economical!?)
We hope this layered jello recipe comes in handy for one of your parties.
Today I am going to show you how to make this no-bake treat and how simple it really is (trust me… if I can do it, YOU can do it too)!
JELLO (3 oz each) – (whatever colors/flavors for the look you are going for)
1 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin (for each jello color used)
2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin (for condensed sweet milk)
*Helpful hint – use syringe to fill each layer of JELLO
1. Mix 1 cup condensed milk with 1 cup hot water. Set aside. Mix 2 envelopes Knox gelatin with 1 cup hot water; combine with milk mixture and set aside
2. Combine one colored JELLO, 1 envelope Knox gelatin and 1-1/2 cups hot water. (I did 1 cup of boiling water, mixed until dissolved and added 1/2 cup of ice water).
Cool, then pour (using syringe) into each glass for first layer. Place in refrigerator until set. (I put in freezer for about 10 min to help quicken the setting)
3. Once first layer is set, pour the condensed milk mixture (using syringe) to create a thin white layer – it can be any thickness you like. Place in refrigerator until set. (Again – I put in freezer for about 10 min to help quicken the setting)
4. Repeat step 2 with next colored JELLO once cup it set again.
5. Repeat step 3, to create another white stripe – you basically repeat steps 2 & 3 until cups are filled.
6. Add a printable topper to complete (I used gumdrop toppers from our Candy Land Inspired Birthday Collection)
The best part about the festive dessert is that it is inexpensive, no baking involved and comes in a variety of colors – how can you beat that???
Want us to show you how to make something from one of our parties? Leave us a comment… we are always looking for more ideas to demonstrate!!!